Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Yeah! We have our Christmas tree up!! The kids and I are so excited. For those of you that know me well, know that I love Christmas. I love everything about it- the meaning, the shopping, the cooking, the decorating, the hustle and bustle...everything! This year the kids and I convinced Chris to put up our tree on Sunday, November 16. I explained to him that after all I have my fall things out all of September, October, and November. Why in the world couldn't we start decorating for Christmas? He graciously smiled (like he does a lot when the kids and/or I try to sell him on an idea!!) and said with a sigh, "I guess." The kids and I were quite surprised because I had prepared them to accept No for an answer.
The past several years we have hosted my family for Thanksgiving and I have felt like I owed it to them to keep the fall things up until we had at least cleaned up the Thanksgiving dishes, but this year my sis-in-law is hosting T-giving at her house.
So starting tonight we will have visions of sugarplums dancing in our heads...
Let the festivities begin.

2 comments:

Staci said...

You, my dear sister-in-law, are a fruitcake. A Christmas fruitcake.

Staci said...

um... not to be a nag... but it's been almost a month. Time for a new post!!! I want to hear what's going on!


Blessed Family



Halloween Loot!

KinElise watching ANOTHER baseball game. I have started having to bribe them to sit through more baseball!

KP running after a ball.


The Pitcher

The Best Looking Catcher You'll Ever See